July 26, 2011
The Grateful Dead perform in your living room
1. Crystal clear vocals, as loud as and at times slightly louder than the guitars in this board mix.
2. High recording levels. Sounds louder than the other SBD (GEMS). They both have a slight background hiss. Seems like you hear it less on this one.
3. Stage banter throughout, mostly Phil, back and forth with the audience, whom you can't hear at all- must have been some distance between front row and musicians. Some funny parts, but also annoying as Bobby repeatedly asks Owsley to turn him up.
4. Sugaree- soulful vocals with excellent accompaniment on piano.
5. Dark Star- nice long jamming version, only flaw the first word of the 2nd verse, starts to sing "Dark" then switches to "Mirror", not a big deal.
April 9, 2008
I e-mailed the site and was told to post my comment as a "review," so here I am.
Between the URL and the references on this page, there's a mix of 34083 and 34803. Going by db.etree, I believe 34803 is the correct ID.
I understand this is a good show, but I haven't listened to it yet. If and when the typos are corrected, I'd vote to delete this "review."
UPDATE: Whoa! That was quick! But you missed one (the 2nd ffp file).
It looks like I don't have the ability to delete this "review," but anyone with that ability is hereby authorized to do so.